Thursday, December 13, 2007

Nor Easter


Yesterday we were given a break from snow. It began raining early in the morning, and by the time I woke up, the snow and ice had all melted. It was so nice not to have to worry about slipping (esp. since being pregnant, slipping has been an issue!). It stayed snow/iceless until this morning when it began snowing around 7:30. This picture of our front yard was taken less than an hour later. We have what people call a "Nor-Easter" (North Easterly)--basically a very cold storm we get in the east. Rhode Islanders told me all about it when I lived there. Apparently we get it here, too. I think Ian and I will be staying inside most of today. Got any ideas of how we can stay busy?

1 comment:

Corrine said...

do a few puzzles..make gingerbread houses..convince ian that your favorite movies are the best to watch ..curl up in blankets and light a fire and read some stories..or my fav just go back to bed :)