Don't you love those frustrating moments in life that bond you and your spouse? "It feels wrong on this side . . . " "Then why are you having ME do it?! I hate this!" "Here--lemme see those . . . why does it feel all fuzzy in this area?!" "I hate this. I hate this. I hate this . . . "
Ian had a great time watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory while we got hair all over ourselves and expressed words of love. Actually, we didn't get nearly as angry with each other this time as we did last time--probably because the haircut turned out better. I guess each attempt will improve. We hope.



These pictures illustrate the beautiful haircuts done Saturday night. They also illustrate the fun Sunday we had decorating the Christmas tree. We decided to make sugar cookies and popcorn strings. Since church was cancelled due to the weather, we had lots of time to make our tree yummy. Ian sure loves the idea of a cookie tree. Each morning it's as if he's forgotton that we have a tree with cookies on it, and he says, "OOOH cookie!" and runs straight for ornaments. The bottom ornaments have his little finger marks in the frosting. Daddy's smiley face at the bottom of the tree now has no nose and smudged eyes and mouth. Hey, it gives the tree character, right? Actually, I think popcorn strings and sugar cookie ornaments scream, "We have no money for ornaments and tinsel!", giving the tree plenty of character already. But who cares? We think it's beautiful.
2 comments:
I think the cookie tree is a FANTASTIC idea - under any circumstances. How fun to be able to allow your kid to touch the tree!!
i love the cookie tree idea!!
Post a Comment